I have several areas of my site where it is necessary to sanitize
large amounts of user form data. cleanArray() makes this process a
breeze - however, I have found that it replaces hyphens ('-') with the
htmlentity equivalent ('-'). This is a big problem for email
addresses, which may contain hyphens.

How should I be handling this? My best solution was to create a
fixSafeChar() function to convert the hyphens back. But this seems
pretty crude.

Any suggestions? Is cleanArray() not the right function for the task?

Thanks!