From: cake-php@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Somewhere
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 4:13 PM
To: Cake PHP
Subject: Re: Installation Problem -- Need Help!!![Scanned]

Yes, the file is in the cake/app/controllers/ dir.
Here is the code for the posts_controller.php:

class PostsController extends AppController
{
    var $name = 'Posts';

    function index()
    {
        $this->set('posts', $this->Post->findAll());
    }

    function view($id = null)
    {
        $this->Post->id = $id;
        $this->set('post', $this->Post->read());
    }

    function add()
    {
        if (!empty($this->data))
        {
            if ($this->Post->save($this->data))
            {
                $this->flash('Your post has been saved.','/posts');

function delete($id)
{
    $this->Post->del($id);
    $this->flash('The post with id: '.$id.' has been deleted.', '/
posts');

function edit($id = null)
{
    if (empty($this->data))
    {
        $this->Post->id = $id;
        $this->data = $this->Post->read();
    }
    else
    {
        if ($this->Post->save($this->data['Post']))
        {
            $this->flash('Your post has been updated.','/posts');

?>

also the dir structure is like:
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cake/
   ->cake
         -> app
         -> cake
         -> docs
         -> index.php
         -> vendors

When I did the installation, I didn't change anything for the module
mod_rewrite.

Thanks,
S.

On Mar 7, 4:05 pm, "hydra12" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I could be wrong, but it sounds like cake is having trouble finding
> your posts_controller.php.  I'm assuming that it's in cake/app/
> controllers/posts_controller.php?  The class should be  class
> PostsController extends AppController.
>
> Is that what you have?  It might help if you could put your code up
> someplace so we could look at it.
>
> On Mar 7, 12:55 pm, "Somewhere" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > It's the default structure that comes directly out of the cake box.
> > never changed it.
> > Is it what you need?
> > Thanks a lot!
>
> > On Mar 7, 1:40 pm, "hydra12" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > What is your current directory structure?  That would help in
> > > diagnosing your problem.

/usr/local/apache2/

here:http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php/browse_thread/thread/8f96db
b2...

failed to open
/usr/lib/cake/cake/bootstrap.php

(include_path='/usr/lib/cake:/home/ywang/cakephp/:.:/