Take a look at this article:
http://www.thinkingphp.org/2007/02/24/cake-12s-set-class-eats-arrays-for-breakfast/

Dealing with big fat arrays in Cake can be a struggle at first but
using the Set::extract method can pull out a set of the data you need
very elegantly. See how Felix also uses array_combine to get just a
nice set of key/value pairs out a deeply nested array?

Anyways I would use extract to get the data you need from Table 1 and
then loop over the array and do your UPDATE queries on your second
table.