I tried something like that too, but couldn't get it to work. Your
suggested patch also still throws the same warning. Right now I just
avoided using the $form->create() and just set the form "by hand",
which is fine also.

Somehow all the checks on the status of $fields on line 98 of the
formHelper didn't work, even though a print_r only shows $fields-
>value as an empty array it should be easy. Probably overlooking
something obvious I'll take another stab at it later this weekend or
so. But right now I have a site to bake....

cheers

:jc