I could only recommend PostgreSQL in cases where your data is highly
sensitive or "mission critical", as it has better transaction and
constraint support, but what I have found is that it does not scale
nearly as well as MySQL, especially when MySQL clustering is taken
into consideration.  A company I work with has database servers
containing 7TB of voter registration data, and querying is extremely
slow.  The Postgres query scheduler works in such a way that even fast
queries are held up in the queue by longer queries which block other
requests from coming through.

I have started to help them restructre their application to offload
some of the less sensitive data onto MySQL servers, which have proven
to be far more efficient.  Postgres is a highly capable database
server with a boatload of "enterprisey" features, but those features
add significant overhead, making it much less efficient than MySQL.