Hey AD7six,

I've been working hard to try and get your example code to work
(http://www.noswad.me.uk/MiBlog/MiniControllers), but being fairly new
to cake, I guess I got stuck because I've jumped from the basics to
something more advanced. I thought if I would get your archive example
to work, I would understand the concept, and could go on creating my
own "widgets" (or "blobs", as you called them). But I gues I need some
more guidance as to the structure of the plugins your example code
expects.

To my understanding I need to create a plugin called "blogs" (with its
own blogs_app_controller.php and blogs_app_model.php and its own
controller, model and views), but I guess I am wrong.  I wasn't sure
either how I should include the widget in another controller's view.

Can you explain a bit more about how to implement your solution?

Thanks a lot in advance!