Found it! There was one tiny little space after the php closing-tag of
my app_model.php :)

Php isn't a picky programming-language, but with spaces it is ;)
Spaces seem to be the only the invisible programming-errors we can
make ;)

Feed is up-and running! I like the fact that your example is so nicely
extendible: I have it set up like this:

mysite.com/xml/feeds/posts/
mysite.com/xml/feeds/comments/
mysite.com/xml/feeds/tags/

etc.

By the way, I love your motto! Read your post, and can only agree:
often you learn while building, and there's always things you couldn't
foresee. Keep on building!

Gerben.