I've been reading discussions here for awhile now, since I started
using Cake about nine months ago, and generally speaking, people are
helping each other which is really awesome. The community is very
important. However, as I search for discussions about Cake 1.2, I've
seen a lot of people complaining about various aspects of Cake, like
this doesn't work, that doesn't work, the documentation sucks, when's
it being released, etc. Cake is a community project, and free work is
hard to come by. It's amazing that Cake is as great as it is at this
point. I'm incredibly impressed. It's been said before, but not nearly
enough: Thanks to all the developers of CakePHP, I greatly appreciate
your efforts, and will wait patiently new things to come out. Until
then, I will live in http://api.cakephp.org/ and learn as much as I
can, and contribute where I can. I hope the community continues to
grow in a positive way.