hm... I wrote a pretty long answer but somehow it was not posted?!?!
damn. ok, again but a little bit shorter.

I have to use the unix timestamp because it is obligatory in our
company. Using datetime simply would lead to not getting my app
approved.

Changing the name is the way I use now. But I do it using a hole in
the rules here. There is some silent agreement to call fields with the
creation date "created" but it is not obligatory. It leads to more
work as I have to change all of the views to guarantee uniformity for
the user.

I simply do not understand why an essential field/-name like "created"
is restricted so much?! I would open a ticket but I think it is a
feature not a bug. Furthermore I cannot supply a solution as I seem to
be too stupid - I simply do not know how I should change it. Maybe I
can work it out later.