The situation is as follows:

AppController has a function isLogged which is using the 'Member'
model.
AppController->uses = array('Member');

ContentController has a function index() which when called just shows
the frontpage: no problems
ContentController has a function page() which should display a page
based on the url however I get the error
ContentController->uses = array('Member','Page');

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::read() in
app_controller.php on line 13 (which is a call to Member->read()).

What could be going wrong? When outputting $this there is a Lid Object
described so I can't believe that the model hasn't been loaded (also
since ContentController index() gives no problems). What can I do to
fix/find out more about this problem?