Hi all !

I have a table from which I only need a subset of its actual columns.
I overwrote loadInfo() in my Model, so that it only returns the needed
subset. (I basically return a fixed array for the time being) this
works as expected in scaffolding, and it works just because none of
the fields I exclude is required to be "not null". (then I'd have to
rewrite save() too for this model).

Now my questions are :
1) is there a more elegant way ? (perhaps a way to define default
values for models where there are fields which are required to be "not
null")

2) will I run into serious problems using this approach ?

kind regards, ray