Yo Felix,

On 3/21/07, Felix Geisendörfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I'm looking for someone to give me a hug and tell me everything will be
> ok.
>
> I'll go ahead and do this: *hug*

Thanks dude :)

When however you are writing a database depended application you have to
> accept that field names are something that will pop up all through your
> application.

Yep, this is the what I was talking about in my previous mails about
coupling. I guess I needed to be reminded. Database backed apps have
exceptions/alterations to certain rules. It's hard to remember this when
everything I do involves a database, whereas most of the stuff I read
applies to general programming.

These days I spend more time than I used to when it comes to naming things
> and deciding on structures to use. Because I know that something that is
> well named  and designed in the first place will be less likely to frustrate
> me later on causing me to change it. Now being scared of rewriting bad code
> or revising bad naming decisions is bad too, after all this is how true
> beauty is created, but a little planning can sometimes get you very far.

Good Tip. It's just some changing customer requirements that caused the
changes.

Can anyone suggest alternatives, or at least stroke my forehead and tell me
> everything will be ok!
>
> Hope I just did that ; ).

You did indeed,

Cheers,