Hi feelexit

> here's the problem, I have this table called "tags".
>
> tags has id, tag, users_id, posts_id,  I dont want to have id to be my
> primary key, I only want 3 columns, tag, users_id, posts_id,  and I
> want all these 3 columns to form my primary key.
>
> but based on wht I learned, I need to follow Cake's database naming
> conventions, and I have to have "id" in the table, is there a way to
> get rid of this "id" column?

As you have discovered, Cake requires an 'id' column by convention.
Bottom line is that's just the way it is built.  Is there a particular
reason why you don't want an id column?

There was a discussion about composite primary keys in this group not
long ago.  Google should help you find it easily enough.  I think that
the outcome was along the lines of "don't hold your breath for support
of composite primary keys ..."  (but double check that to be sure).

Unless you have a really good reason for ditching the id column, I would
just go with the flow.  It makes Cake's job very easy managing
relationships, and if you have well considered validation/data integrity
rules in your controller then you shouldn't ever run into issues with
duplicate records.

If you are looking for database naming conventions, have a look in the
Models section of the manual.  You should find everything you need in there.

Regards,
Langdon