Hello,

I am trying to set a variable in my AppController to be accessed by
all controllers. I have an element on all of my pages that displays
last user logins.

At first I was trying to use the User model in the AppController by
using the $uses variable but for some reason the PageController was
not overridden (but all other controllers worked fine). Then I was
pointed to the requestAction method. I am now trying to set the
variable using the requestAction method but it keeps on looping.

Below is the code for my AppController

        function beforeFilter () {
                if ($this->action != 'login' && $this->action != 'logout' &&
$this-
>action != 'getLogins') {
                        $this->checkSession();
                        $this->set("user_data", $this->Session->read('User'));
                        $this->set('login_data',
$this->requestAction('/users/getLogins',
array('return')));

Below is the code for my UsersController

        function getLogins () {
                $this->User->Login->findAll();
        }

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
-Andrew