Hi bingo

Nate made the comment a little while ago (in response to my question
along similar lines) that getLastIntertID will do what it is meant to.
I don't remember the details, however a quick search of this group
should turn up the thread.

Given that no-one ever complains that getLastInsertID doesn't work, it
seems likely to me that there is no issue.

Regards,
Langdon