If you are using version 1.1 be aware that addslashes in sanitize->sql
is inside a conditional: if (!ini_get('magic_quotes_gpc')) { ...
It seems that sanitize->sql is deprecated in 1.2 anyway.
But if you are sure that fckeditor is converting the quotes to "
why would they need to be escaped? databases have no problem dealing
with any of the characters in "