hi and thanx for paying attention to my problem

this piece of code is for user registration
it's just a little program to begin using CakePHP
note : I use a nightly build 1.1.x.x of a few days ago

I call validates() in an if condition
if it's ok, I check if this username is already used
then, if ok, I call save()

and my troubles come with using beforeValidate
I would like to use sanitize->html() and sql() to clean datas
and I have problems with transmiting datas between model and controller