hi again ^3 !

after struggling/searching for two days i finally came across this
one :
http://groups.google.at/group/cake-php/browse_thread/thread/b8816db7ff5854bc/12598076103b0130?lnk=gst&q=3+HABTM&rnum=2#12598076103b0130

which IMHO should be added to the cake-manual, section model,
paragraph "saving habtm - relationships" ASAP ! would have saved me
tons of time.
(added, even if the manual just links to the posting... prefixed with
"MUST READ !")

i finally cracked my problem, which was indeed related to
$useDbConfig, but which i circumvented using a finderQuery where i
prefixed the join-table with the database name. at least it works now
with my mysql - version...

and: what would be truly amazing, if added to the manual : a detailed
description of the inner workings of all those keys in an association-
description.

rtfcc to myself, next time....

...anyways, happy easter-holidays,
ray