I have also found that if you don't use the naming conventions properly,
that bake.php will decide that it's broken. Make sure that the controller
you are trying to build views for uses the proper naming conventions. This
has made all the difference for me on a few occasions.

On a side note, this one of the things that I think should be changed in
future bake releases. Instead of failing, simply post an error message and
tell what the problem is.

--
Thanks,
Ron Chaplin