Hello.

I am having a small problem where the divs that need to be updated via
ajax are not being updated in IE7.  It works fine in FF.

I have searched this group and have found only one other question like
this but, no answers.

The wierd thing is, when I type something in a field, go to another
page and then hit my browser's back button, you can see what is
supposed to be in the div.  It's like it is only updating on a page
load.

Anyways, I am using cake 1.1.14.4306, PHP5, Prototype 1.15 and
Script.aculo.us 1.7.1

Here is the code I am using.  Remember, this works fine in FireFox

// /user/view/register.thtml

<!--snip-->
echo "<div class=\"required\"><span class=\"userRegisterLabel\"><label
for=\"UserUsername\">User Name:</label></span><span class=
\"userRegisterField\">" . $html->input('User/username', array (
    'size' => 30
echo "";
echo $html->tagErrorMsg('User/username', 'Username can only contain
Letters, Numbers, Underscores(_) and/or Dashes(-).  The username must
also between 3-25 characters long.');
echo $ajax->observeField('UserUsername', array (
    'url' => 'check_registration_form/username/',
    'update' => 'userRegisterUsername',
    'frequency' => 0,
"document.getElementById('userRegisterUsername').style.display =
'block'",
    'loaded' =>
"document.getElementById('userRegisterUsername').style.display =
'block'"
    ));
<!--snip-->

If you would like to see more code, just post here please.

I will keep searching in the mean-time.  If I find an answer I will
post here again for anyone who has this problem in the future.