I'm generating a view that is emailed to my subscribers regularly
through a CRON job. It works fine if the CRON job is only accessing
actions that are unprotected by OthAuth (for example if <b>var
$othAuthRestrictions = null;</b>).

It's alright if the initial action being called is unprotected, but
it's critical that this action call other actions which are protected.
As soon as the action is protected by OthAuth, however, the CRON just
stops executing with that call.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

I can't be the only one trying to run protected actions wtih a CRON
job, right?

This is the line where the action stops functioning:

                $this->set('percentage', $this->requestAction('/actions/
get_percentage/'.$user_id));

But if I set  var $othAuthRestrictions = null
in the ActionsController, then everything runs fine. (But anyone can
access my ActionController actions without logging in.)

Many thanks for you help!