The concept of behaviors is a new one to me. I understand that views
have helpers, controllers have components, and models have behaviors,
but I still don't grasp how to use these correctly. So, I did some
research:

cake/libs/model/model.php
cake/libs/model/behavior.php
Various Google Group posts (a lot from nate)
Slug Behavior: http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/295
Transaction Behavior: http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/228
Touch Behavior: http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/198
Chapter 15 in Agile Web Development with Rails

The thing that really hit the nail on the head for me, is how a
behavior is used in a model - actAs. That makes it much, much easier
to understand. If I wanted my model to act as a tree (MPTT), I could
create a behavior called TreeBehavior and tell my model to act like a
tree. If I wanted my model to act like a list, I could do that too.
Very cool stuff. Is this the best way to think of behaviors? Anyone
have some thoughts on how to use behaviors in the MVC-intended way?

I'm assuming Cake is going to have some built-in behaviors, but right
now (1.2.0.4451alpha), cake/libs/model/behaviors is empty. Does anyone
know if there are some on the way? I understand that the Cake team is
busy (http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php/browse_thread/thread/
683cdd4820eb2c03/df729d09968eaf7d), so I'm not trying to be pushy, I'm
just curious. An MPTT behavior would be awesome to do things like move/
delete a branch of nodes.