Felix you are right. I guess this question has been asked before.
There are a bit in bootstrap.php of how to do this. Nice find.

I simply added the next two lines of code into my bookstrap.php and it
suddenly inherited all of the models from the other application (in
the folder 'app'). Works great, thanks.

$APP1 = ROOT.DS.'app';
$modelPaths = array($APP1.DS.'models'.DS);