I don't mean to keep beating this issue, but I want to try approaching
this subject again. Ignore what I've said previously and let's start
over. There's two scenarios I'd like to try for multiple Cake
applications on one web server. One, every Cake application is in a
directory underneath htdocs. Two, the primary Cake application is at
the root of htdocs with Cake/non-Cake applications underneath that.
The thing I'm most concerned about is how the URLs look. Let's explore
these two scenarios.

One, every Cake application in a directory underneath htdocs:
htdocs/app1
htdocs/app2
htdocs/app3
htdocs/non-cake-website

With this setup, I'm assuming there'd have to be an htaccess file in
htdocs that would redirect requests for the root of the site to the
primary Cake app. I'm not sure how this would look or how it would
work with the other apps being accessed.

Two, primary Cake application at the root of htdocs, with Cake
applications underneath that:
htdocs/app
htdocs/cake
htdocs/docs
htdocs/vendors
htdocs/htaccess
htdocs/index.php
htdocs/app2
htdocs/app3
htdocs/non-cake-website

As AD7 said before, I could put everything in webroot, but when you
browse to http://somedomain.com/app2/Users/add, the URLs end up
looking like http://somedomain.com/app/webroot/app2/Users/add. If
there is away to override this behavior, that would be awesome.

Basically, I'm pretty damn clueless on how to approach this. If
someone tells me to go screw myself and figure out mod_rewrite, I
guess that's what I'll do, but hopefully someone has run into this
problem before. Thanks, CakePHP Google Group.

Matt