Thanks for sharing how you do that, Kjell.
That was definitely helpful.

I know I will eventually decide on one of the major frameworks to
adopt permanently.

But sometimes, you're sitting lazily at the PC on a Sunday afternoon,
reading blogs or whatever, and you come across a Javascript function
that you want to add to some permanent library somewhere,  and this
function isn't in whatever Framework I adopted, so I add it to a
central generic utility JS file that grows and grows (and of course
shrinks sometimes when I realize I've added junk to it as well.).

What prompted my post originally is when I ran into this page:
http://www.dustindiaz.com/top-ten-javascript/.  Even though it's over
a year old, there's a couple of handy things in there, so keeping
organized  allows one to, on the fly, add something useful that one
runs into on a website.