Just on a wee side note, tonight or tommorow (whenever I get a chance)
I'll be releasing the first in a set of small components that deal
with Yahoo REST services.

The first one is YahooGeo, which takes an address you pass to the
component, and returns a simple array with the latitude and longitude
data, handy for geocoding data and any microformats you may have on
your site.  I'll probably release 0.1, which will be without the
mapping methods, but I intend to have a method that you can pass this
data in to and it will generate a yahoo map.

I'll be releasing an Yahoo Upcomming.org REST component later in the
month, and I'll be looking at other useful services.

All of them *should* be PHP4 compatable, as they mainly use SimpleXML
for returned data, but Yahoo can also provide serialised PHP (which I
haven't looked at yet, so I'm not to sure on that yet).

Keep an eye out on the bakery for it!

Tane
http://webrocket.wordpress.com