In PHP5 you can serialize() and unserialize() any type-set except
references. In this case I would assume a string.
By serializing the string and assigning it to the session array, you
can easily pass the protected string value from controller to
controller.
In step 5, retrieving the serialized session value would look
something like this...

$serialStr = $this->Session->read('serialVar');
$unserialStr = unserialize($serialStr);
$this->userAdminModel->save($unserialStr);

So instead of using a tempTable, you can rely more on the
SessionHelper to control your ultimate value(s).