You may be trying to over-complicate it.

My solution was to create a HomeController, with method admin_index,
then in the routes file I added a route for admin/ that pointed to the
controller home and method admin_index.

At the moment, mine is still pretty Web1.0 but I intend to use a Ajax
interface that has links or tabs at the top of the view and when you
click on them, it loads in each view you need to the update div area.

I haven't implemented it, its still on paper but some experiments with
similar stuff showed some promise.

Tane