You might also look at the Time helper some great functions there

http://manual.cakephp.org/chapter/helpers

and in the api

http://api.cakephp.org/class_time_helper.html

HTH
 Sam D

--
(the old fart) the advice is free, the lack of crankiness will cost you

- its a fine line between a real question and an idiot

http://blog.samdevore.com/archives/2007/03/05/when-open-source-bugs-me/