I realised in the middle of the night that this is probably caused by
javascript not having access to the cookies, then googled the group
and found that someone else had the same issue.  The suggestion to
them was to adjust cake security which I had already tried.  I'm
wondering if I could perhaps pass the session id as part of the
parameters i.e. instead of /client/edit/1 perhaps client/edit/xxxx/1
where xxxx is the session id  Has anyone tried anything similar?