I would like to call a controller action with cron that checks and
processes new registrations at regular intervals. I have created a
test file: cron.php

<?php
    $_GET['url'] = 'favicon.ico';

    define('CRON_DISPATCHER',true);

    require_once 'webroot/index.php';

    $cake_dispatcher=new Dispatcher();
    $result = $cake_dispatcher->dispatch('/admin/writeFile',
array('return' => 1));
    echo $result;
?>

when I try to execute: php cron.php
I get many warnings about
PHP Warning:  session_start(): ... cake/libs/session.php on line 146

and the action is not called.

How can I prevent cake from starting a session for cli request?
Or is there a better approach that I can follow?

Thanks