Most likely it's IE's caching because it's setting "Check for newer
version of stored pages" is not set to "Every time I visit the
webpage" on your client's computer.  I remember dealing with this
issue on a non-Cake site and saw that changing this setting fixed the
problem in IE, but of course, you can't control every client's browser
settings. You can, however use HTTP Expires response headers to tell
the browser how to cache your pages (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/
234067).

For Apache webservers, I believe you can set defaults for the Expires
headers, but if you don't have control over the defaults, like in a
shared hosting environment, you can control these Expires headers in
a .htaccess file. Here's an example:

ExpiresActive On
ExpiresDefault "access plus 20 minutes"
ExpiresByType text/HTML "modification plus 10 seconds"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 day"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 day"
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access plus 1 day"
ExpiresByType image/x-ico "access plus 1 day"
ExpiresByType text/CSS "access plus 1 day"

Use of an HTTP traffic utility is extremely helpful in debugging these
types of issues. It allows you to watch all the communitcation going
on between the client/webserver (especially the headers and response
codes) behind the scenes of your browser. FireBug is good for this in
FireFox. Since IE is usually more problematic, I use a tool called
HTTP Analyzer which can run stand-alone to monitor traffic from any
browser. I highly recommend using such tools as you'll be surprised at
some of the things you'll uncover.

I suppose a "poor man's" approach to this problem would be to just
append a randomly generated unique parameter to your URL that you
ignore (www.yoursite.com/articles/yourarticle/[random-number-here]).
Since no 2 URL's will ever be the same, you'll never have to worry
about caching issues!

Hope this helps.

NOSLOW