This was exactly what I was looking to implement, I've gone ahead and
put it in but cannot seem to get it to work :(

I've posted my Post model here:  http://bin.cakephp.org/view/2083589101

In my Post table, I created a tags VARCHAR(255) field as the tutorial
doesn't explain what it needs to be, but thats what I assume it is.
All the rest are pretty standard but just incase I've included my SQL
in the paste.

So anyway, the tags do seem to get saved in the posts table, but tags
don't get added to the tags table, also the join table is empty.

Can anyone help?

Tane