Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but I wrote a
short tutorial relating to drag & drops in Cake on my blog.  Cake
makes it extremely easy to build such an interface using
scriptaculous.  Obviously you'll have to change it around a bit to fit
your particular site.

You can read it here:
http://www.dustinweber.com/blog/_archives/2007/4/4/2859177.html

Hopefully that will get you started solving the problem... since no
one answered you previously.

Dustin Weber
http://www.dustinweber.com