Hmm. In this case I can come to one conclusion:
1: script runs and exit smoothly == connection closed nicely.
2: script timeout == connection will not closed as per script but the
connection will run till the mysql query is completed?

If this is the case then I am in a better position to review my code
and queries.
Thanks for all the comments and input!

Free Classifieds: http://www.ablewise.com/