Thanx for the replies!

I'm using 1.1, but this array-based URL feature is surely just what
I'm looking for! For now, I'll try to create my own html helper, as
Tulio suggested, because I don't know if I'm ready for 1.2 yet.

I did come a long way though by setting the base in app_controller
beforeFilter:

$this->base = 'http://www.mysite.com/'.$this->params['sitename'];

But I don't know if this is a very clean approach.