>From what I know, admin routing is mostly an organizational tool.

However, if you are using othAuth, it does simplify access control.
You only have to add 'admin' to the $othAuthRestrictions array, and
all your admin routes are covered.

And as far as layouts go, you could put the following line in
beforeFilter() in app_controller.php

if(substr($this->params['action'], 0, 6) == 'admin_') $this->layout =
'admin';

Russell Austin