I have a project with various areas accessible and only accessible via
certain domains sub domains etc. This was fine as it was a pretty simple
site just providing information with no need for logins etc, but of
course the site has currently evolved and now will be providing some
user options and the like requiring me to track site state.

So I understand the ins and outs of persisting sessions through storing
them in the db and like, was just wondering if anyone has tackled this
in cake and where they saw best to implement the code to do so?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Paul