It's strange, but I still get that error message :(. I added
backticks, I tried to use `Vendor`.`total` instead `Vendor`.`count`
with same negative result. Please, help me with code in controller.
Now I'm using this:

$this->Vendor->bindModel(array('hasOne'=>array('Model')));
$fields = array('Vendor.name', 'Vendor.safe', 'COUNT(Model.vendor_id)
AS `Vendor`.`count`');
$conditions = 'GROUP BY Vendor.id';
$order = 'Vendor.name ASC';
$result = $this->Vendor->findAll($conditions, $fields, $order);