Hi guys,

I know I'm probably being really really thick, but I can't get my head
around something. I've been using Cake for months now - on my own
site, and also for sites at work.

All the sites at work are set up as just standard installations, with
the files unpacked inside htdocs. They work fine, no problems at all.

My personal site is installed slightly differently, with htdocs being
alongside the other folders (I originally followed the advanced
installation tutorials on the Wiki, and wanted to keep the application
files out of public access).

Now though, I want to move things around. I've recently added a couple
of extra domains to my server, so I've done some reorganisation to
make them all easier to manage. That's fine, except Cake breaks. This
is how I've got it set up at the minute, below that is how I want it
to be.

NOW:
/
/app
/cake
/htdocs
/vendors
/site_a
---/htdocs
/site_b
---/htdocs

FUTURE
/
/site_a/
---/app
---/cake
---/htdocs
---/vendors
/site_b/
---/app
---/cake
---/htdocs
---/vendors
/site_c/
---/app
---/cake
---/htdocs
---/vendors

As you can see I'm intending on using Cake for all the sites. I'll
probably at some point want to share the Cake files but I decided to
keep them separate for now.

What I get at the moment when I attempt to set up Cake in this
structure is a whole load of Page Not Found errors. I'm guessing
the .htaccess files are redirecting to the wrong places, but I've
checked them and I'm not seeing the problem. I've also tried changing
the index.php in htdocs (which SHOULD be the one that's getting
called, and indeed from my tests it does seem to be). All I get in
that case is errors about not being able to find config/core.php, or
cake/bootstrap.php.

I suspect I may not be changing the paths correctly, or making my
changes to the wrong file, because everything I've done seems to be
ok. Perhaps it's how my host is handling the redirections internally.

Any advice is appreciated!