Let's say the blog example has the following associations:
Post hasMany Comments
Comment hasOne User
User hasMany Reviews

Currently I have something like this (let me know if I'm doing
something n00b) :)

class PostsController extends AppController {
function view($id=NULL){

        $this->Post->id = $id;
        $this->Post->expects(array('PostImage', 'Comment','Comment.User'));
        $this->Post->recursive = 2;
        $this->set('post', $this->Post->read());
}

As you can see I haven't pulled up the user reviews yet but for the
purpose of viewing a Post, I just want to display the User's average
reivew.

How can I calculate the average rating for a user (using good Cake
practices)?

Thanks
John