Thanks for that, but it didn't work in the end for what I needed to
do.  This is the code I ended up with in my model, so anyone working
with a cloud tag can give it a try:

function tagcloud()
        {
                return $this->query("SELECT `Tag`.`id`, `Tag`.`tag`,
                                        (SELECT COUNT(`pages_tags`.`page_id`)
FROM `pages_tags` WHERE
`pages_tags`.`tag_id` = `Tag`.`id`) +
                                        (SELECT COUNT(`posts_tags`.`post_id`)
FROM `posts_tags` WHERE
`posts_tags`.`tag_id` = `Tag`.`id`) +
                                        (SELECT COUNT(`events_tags`.`event_id`)
FROM `events_tags` WHERE
`events_tags`.`tag_id` = `Tag`.`id`) +
                                        (SELECT COUNT(`images_tags`.`image_id`)
FROM `images_tags` WHERE
`images_tags`.`tag_id` = `Tag`.`id`) AS `count`
                                        FROM `tags` AS `Tag` ORDER BY RAND()
LIMIT 30;");
        }

Tane