Hi guys,

I've just started using CakePHP a couple of weeks ago and so far I'm
beyond impressed with its flexibily and simplicity. I'm currently
implementing othAuth for the administration pages of the app and so
far its been great and works fine.

My question is this.....   as it is right now...  I'm using CakePHP's
admin routing functions to implement the admin actions (ie. the admin
actions are sitting alongside the 'public' actions in the same
controller).  Now, on a heavily visited site... does anyone have
experience regarding any slowdowns by using the othAuth component?

What I'm trying to say is, if it would be recommened to create a
seperate Admin controller (with the othAuth component), and leave the
regular controller just for 'public viewing' purposes (without
registering othAuth, and the associated beforeFilter() calls)   -
this from a purely performance point of view.

Thanks in advance, I hope i explained it clear.

dave