Nice work, grigri. I'm fairly new to Cake and I thought that this
would be such a common thing to do that it would form part of the core
functionality. After all, if you are going to pass an array to any non-
Cake-specific function - that is, to any external application or a non-
Cake-specific function that exists inside your Cake framework  - the
second type of array that I have described is far more useful than the
standard Cake-ified version. I thought I must be missing something but
maybe I wasn't after all. I don't mean to gripe about Cake though -
the framework on the whole is excellent and I can't thank the
developers enough.