Assuming you have a way to retrieve necessary data from the finger
print system, you can create a whatever key (name, login time etc) in
a session array (and easier via cakePHP). And create a function, say,
checkLogin() which checks if the user name is in the session or the
time is ok, and put this function in any controller where you need to
check login status. If checkLogin() fails update the finger print
system and tell that to the user and redirect to login page, for php
(cakePHP) side, if session date is left delete it.

I'm not sure if what you're trying to do is something complicated but
I thought it was as simple like that..

If time-out must not be lousy check, you'd have to periodically
trigger time-check function, this you may need to implement in
javascript or some other way.

Anyway, ACL itself is not about stuff like this. If your auth scheme
is complicated (many permission levels, sections, etc) it would help
implimenting *that* part but not auth system at all.

Not sure I'm least helping tho...