The latest bug fix release of 1.1.15.5134 is ready [1]. Check out the
changelog[2] to see what was fixed. The latest release of
1.2.0.5137alpha[3] moves closer to beta with the addition of the new
Cache Engines, Console
Shells and the Translation behavior.

You may notice fewer queries in both 1.1.15.5134 and 1.2.0.5137alpha the use
IN() in hasMany queries. This should help to speed up some of the bigger
associations.

The Cache Engines include apc, memcache, xcache, file, and model. When you
are ready to speed up your application, you can have a look at one of these
engines. Special thanks to Jiri Kupiainen aka aakour for his hard work.

The Console Shells are a new way to access Cake based scripts from the
command line. A 'cake' bash and dos wrapper have been provided to make the
commands shorter and these can be placed in your PATH to be accessed from
anywhere. All the scripts previously located in /cake/scripts have been
refactored to use this new functionality. The Bake shell provides a good
example of how you can separate your code to make it more maintainable and
extensible.

The Translation behavior also made it into the core in this release. This
allows you to maintain copies of dynamic information in multiple languages.
Special thanks to Jitka Koukalova aka poLK for her hard work. With the
addition of this behavior i18N should be complete in 1.2.

Security: If you add the Security component to your AppController or any
other controller, all your forms will expect a token and maintain a hash of
the hidden values so they can not be changed. If you have difficulty with
your ajax forms refer to you can disable security[4].

Deprecated methods[5] were removed from 1.2. So, this means if you may need
to use an earlier version of 1.2 if you have not been keeping up with the
latest releases.

Read the 1.2 changelog for complete details[6].

We have some more changes before we can release the Beta. The most major
change will be the transition from defines in core.php to the $config array
used by the Configure class. This will be the last release that allows for
defines inside of core.php. Moving away from defines provides much greater
flexibility. The next release will also see the inclusion of a Session
model, which will allow easier access to the database session handling.

We hope everyone enjoys this latest release. Though some people in the
community don't like polls, we still want to thank everyone who voted in the
latest one. The results pretty much speak for themselves.

[1] Download 1.1.15.5134:
http://cakeforge.org/frs/?group_id=23&release_id=232
[2] 1.1.x.x branch change log:
https://trac.cakephp.org/wiki/changelog/1.1.x.x