I have an app with 150.000 pageviews monthly , with some good data
on it (from 5KB to  500KB  of text), without any caching, on a Shared
server (dreamhost). Users, loads of HABTM, some simple ACL I made
myself (not really a nice one :), a nice text search, some hand
tailored ajax goodness. It took a while to build, a few months, but it
was my first project with cake. With that knowledge, it would take a
few weeks to build, and one more week to optimize it: caching, db
indices and stuff like that.
  Oh, and it never 'got in the way', never had to hack it.
  http://www.melhoresfilmes.com.br/
  it's in brazilian portuguese. And i'm fixing the home page layout
later tonight ;P

  spark

--
[livesets] http://djspark.com.br/