Do'h ignore that last message - I read CSV as CVS :)

Yea, I agree with chris - this doesn't sound like a service, you could
probably create a component/helper that can do the work for you.  I'd
say read the file one line at a time, explode each comma seperated
value into an array and save it to the db.

I was actually looking at this today as part of something else I
wanted to do (use XSL-FO to covert xsl and csv files to PDF on
upload).

There might even be a class on PHPclasses.com that you could put in
your vendor dir, could save on a lot of code.

Tane