Supporting Google Gears? Well, there is a lot of interesting JS
libraries out there, but my personal opinion is: if something is easy
to do with cake, doesn't belong to CakePHP core code.

Are you trying to say that
- you can not use cake as server-side part of application which uses
Google Gears for off-line usage?
- you want cake developers implement some unified all-in-one solution
for all kind of synchronization scenarios between server's and
client's db storage?
- you want to see copy of cake functionality in some JS MVC
implementation?

I am sorry, but I quite don't understand your point.