Is not really dificult to do that effect, but takes sooo many time if
you want to do it with some professional style. So I just used that
Javascript library: http://orangoo.com/labs/GreyBox . Is pretty easy
to use and you will save lot of time. If you want to do it manually,
you should think on creating a DIV that takes all the explorer's size,
give it some transparency/opacity style in some way you wish and load
a picture inside it... the buttons to close and navigations is quite
easy to do, just simple AJAX calls to update the DIV... but as I told
you, it would take you some time, and also it could have some bugs or
not look very professional, so if you don't mind using plug-ins, try
that GreyBox.
By the way, thanks for your comment, glad you like the site.

Rohman
http://www.rohmansama.com